Forest produce is a major source of livelihood for the forest fringe dwellers such Tribals and others who enjoy their rights over forest traditionally. Forests are the source of wood and timber as well as other products like medicinal & aromatic plants products, Oils seeds, gums and resins, fibre & flosses, bamboo & cane, etc. and also diversified products of animal origin. They even sometimes provide supplementary food for the poor people at the time of need. On the other hand, so many large-scale industries as well as small and micro industries are established based on these forest products. Example include, herbal medicines, essential oil, gums, silk, lac & shellac, etc. The forests also provide numerous services like tourism, eco-tourism, etc.
Against the current scenario of degradation of environment and forest quality people should have an in- depth knowledge of consequence of unsustainable extraction/exploitation of forest products which contravene the existing environment & forest laws. The course is designed in such a way that the students can develop a profound basic knowledge of natural products, their trade prospects, the guidelines for good harvest practices, develop conception about post-harvest Technology, entrepreneurship, product utilization against the concept of environmental sustainability and biodiversity maintenance.
Duration : 30Hrs.
Online Class : 30Hrs.
1. Conception of Forest Community and Environment
2. Traditional & Community Forest management
3. Forest Policies, Laws & Legislations
4. Forest Products: Products from Botanical origin, Animal origin and Others
5. Sustainable Extraction of Forest Products
6. Post-harvest Technology & Value addition
7. Forest based industries & Entrepreneurship
8. Marketing and market channel
9. Conception of Sustainability in Environment & Biodiversity Management